Mustard Parmesan Oven Roasted Head of Cauliflower
My tag-line is keeping life simple and that is just what this recipe is, simple ingredients that are simple to prepare. I am sharing a recipe for a Mustard Parmesan Oven Roasted Head of Cauliflower, I know the name is long, but I wanted to convey how delicious this recipe is in the name, plus I couldn’t think of another name. 😉
Cauliflower is one of my favorite vegetables. I have made it into a crust for pizza and into cheesy fritters and I have also roasted the florets in the oven with garlic. They are all great ways to cook cauliflower. I’m always looking for new ways to prepare this beautiful creamy white vegetable and the truth is I was watching the Kardashians on a Sunday afternoon last winter while my husband was watching football. I know it’s embarrassing to admit. Honestly, I don’t watch them very often I’m more of a Real Housewives Fan and proud of it! Anyway, I was watching an episode and Kim ( I think it was Kim) was preparing a whole head of cauliflower. It was a real quick shot and she was rubbing some seasonings all over it. I googled how long to cook a whole head of cauliflower, and made a quick marinade to season it. We enjoy spicy mustard so that’s what I used. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
1 head a cauliflower
1/8 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons spicy mustard
salt and pepper
1/4 cup fresh Parmesan cheese
1/8 cup chopped parsley (fresh from my garden, it sprouted in March)
Preheat oven to 450. Position the rack to the second to the bottom.
Line a baking sheet with foil. Easier cleanup.
Remove any leaves from the cauliflower, rinse and pat dry.
Cut the stem flush so the cauliflower will set straight on the baking sheet.
In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, mustard, and salt and pepper.
Serve and eat.
- 1 head a cauliflower
- ⅛ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons spicy mustard
- salt and pepper
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- ⅛ cup chopped parsley (fresh from my garden, it sprouted in March)
- Preheat oven to 450. Position the rack to the bottom.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Remove any leaves from the cauliflower, rinse and pat dry.
- Cut the stem flush so the cauliflower will set straight on the baking sheet.
- In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, mustard and salt and pepper.
- Place the cauliflower on the baking sheet and brush ½ the oil and mustard mix on the entire head of cauliflower.
- Bake for 50 minutes to an hour (depends on the size of the head of cauliflower) until the outside is nice and brown. Let rest for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Mix together the parmesan cheese and parsley together in a small bowl.
- Brush the remaining ½ of the oil and mustard mix and cover with the parmesan and parsley. Serve and eat.
You may also like: