Creamy Potato Salad
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, visit my disclosure page
Spring is in the air here in Ohio, yay! Spring makes me think of picnics, and picnics make me think of potato salad. I usually make my first batch of the season for Easter dinner. We have a buffet style dinner with ham, deviled eggs and of course, potato salad. This recipe is a combination of my mom’s and my mother-in-law’s recipes. Adding sour cream makes it extra creamy. I hope you enjoy the salad as much as we do.
6 medium Potatoes cut into bite size pieces
6 hard boiled eggs chopped
1 cup chopped pickles (I love refrigerated Claussens pickles)
6 green onions chopped
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon yellow mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
Pepper to taste
Place the potatoes into a large pot and fill with water until completely covered by 1/2 inch of water. Bring the pot to a boil and cook the potatoes until fork tender, do not overcook. Drain and let cool.
Hard boil the 6 eggs. Cool. Chop the eggs into bite size pieces.
- 6 Potatoes cut into bite size pieces
- 6 hard boiled eggs chopped
- 1 cup chopped pickles
- 6 green onions chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- Place the potatoes into a large pot and fill with water until completely covered by ½ inch of water. Bring the pot to a boil and cook the potatoes until fork tender, do not overcook. Drain and let cool.
- Hard boil the 6 eggs. Cool. Chop the eggs when cooled.
- You'll need a large bowl. Add the potatoes, eggs, pickles, green onions, mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, salt and pepper together. Mix well.
- Chill for a couple hours before serving.
You may also like: