Creamy Potato Salad
Spring is in the air here in Ohio, yay! Spring makes me think of picnics, and picnics make me think of potato salad. I usually make my first batch of the season for Easter dinner. We have a buffet style dinner with ham, deviled eggs and of course, potato salad. This recipe is a combination of my mom’s and my mother-in-law’s recipes. Adding sour cream makes it extra creamy. I hope you enjoy the salad as much as we do.
6 medium Potatoes cut into bite size pieces
6 hard boiled eggs chopped
1 cup chopped pickles (I love refrigerated Claussens pickles)
6 green onions chopped
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon yellow mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
Pepper to taste
Place the potatoes into a large pot and fill with water until completely covered by 1/2 inch of water. Bring the pot to a boil and cook the potatoes until fork tender, do not overcook. Drain and let cool.
Hard boil the 6 eggs. Cool. Chop the eggs into bite size pieces.
- 6 Potatoes cut into bite size pieces
- 6 hard boiled eggs chopped
- 1 cup chopped pickles
- 6 green onions chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- Place the potatoes into a large pot and fill with water until completely covered by ½ inch of water. Bring the pot to a boil and cook the potatoes until fork tender, do not overcook. Drain and let cool.
- Hard boil the 6 eggs. Cool. Chop the eggs when cooled.
- You'll need a large bowl. Add the potatoes, eggs, pickles, green onions, mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, salt and pepper together. Mix well.
- Chill for a couple hours before serving.
You may also like: