Sweet Corn and Spring Vegetable Pasta
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, visit my disclosure page
This post was sponsored by Sunshine Sweet Corn as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
In celebration of spring, I want to share a delicious spring recipe with you. Sweet Corn, and Spring Vegetable Pasta. Here in Ohio fresh sweet corn is available locally around July 4th, but fresh Sunshine Sweet Corn is available right now at many local grocery stores. You can purchase the cream of the crop sweet corn now!
Sunshine Sweet Corn is grown in Florida and sold in April and May. It’s the best way to guarantee that you are getting quality non-GMO sweet corn. It seems to me over the last several years corn has been given a bad rap. I almost felt guilty eating it! Not anymore, I’ve been doing a little reading and found out that corn has many health benefits. (Thank goodness because we love it so much.)
Corn is a whole grain food high in fiber and low in fat. A medium ear of corn provides over 10 % of our daily fiber requirements. Corn also contains lutein and zeaxanthin, which are carotenoids, which support eye health and may have other disease-preventing properties. Each medium ear has about 80 calories. You can read more detailed information on the Sunshine Sweet Corn website.
I chose this recipe on the Sunshine Sweet Corn website because fresh vegetables and pasta are two of my favorite combinations. You can prepare this simple recipe in around 30 minutes.
- 8 ounces of fusilli or other short pasta
- 3 ears Sunshine Sweet Corn, husked
- 8 ounces crimini or white mushrooms
- 1 large shallot minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 asparagus spears, sliced at an angle into 1-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup green peas fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Salt and pepper as needed
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- Cook pasta according to directions; drain and reserve 1/2 cup cooking water.
- Meanwhile, with a sharp knife cut the corn kernels off the cob and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat butter and oil until bubbly. Add the mushrooms and shallot; saute until lightly browned about 3 minutes.
- Add the asparagus, peas, and corn; saute until heated through about 3 minutes.
- Toss in the pasta and cheese; add cooking water as needed to create a creamy sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour into a serving bowl and sprinkle with thyme.
Cook pasta according to directions; drain and reserve 1/2 cup cooking water.
Meanwhile, with a sharp knife cut the corn kernels off the cob and set aside.
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat butter and oil until bubbly.
Add the mushrooms and shallot; saute until lightly browned about 3 minutes.
Add the asparagus, peas, and corn; saute until heated through about 3 minutes.
Toss in the pasta and cheese; add cooking water as needed to create a creamy sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
Pour into a serving bowl and sprinkle with thyme.
The recipe got a big thumbs up at my house. The sweet corn crunch with the pasta and other fresh vegetables tasted fabulous! I will definitely be including fresh Sunshine Sweet Corn in my spring recipes. I guarantee you won’t be disappointed.
You may also like: