Mandarin Orange Cake
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, visit my disclosure page
I don’t use boxed cake very often, but I decided to make an exception because this is a recipe that someone game me many years ago and it calls for a yellow cake mix. I want to keep the recipe the way she taught me. This cake is super moist and perfect for spring. It tastes delicious!
1 box yellow cake mix
3/4 cup oil ( I use expeller pressed coconut oil )
1 15 ounce can mandarin oranges
1 20 ounce can crushed pineapple
8 ounces whipped topping
1 3.5 ounce package vanilla pudding
Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
Oil and flour a 13 x 9 cake pan.
Pour into the floured pan and bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Mix with the hand mixer until blended.
Keep the cake refrigerated. It will last refrigerated for several days. This cake is so moist, and with the light whipped frosting it is really something special. The beauty of it is that it’s so simple to make. If you take this cake to a party make sure you bring the recipe I guarantee someone will ask for it. 🙂
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup oil
- 1 can mandarin oranges
- 1 can crushed pineapple
- 8 ounces whipped topping
- 1 package vanilla pudding
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F
- Oil and flour a 13 x 9 cake pan
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer mix together the cake mix, eggs, oil and oranges with the juice until well blended, for a couple minutes.
- Pour into the floured pan and bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- In another bowl mix together the whipped topping, pudding mix and the crushed pineapple with juice. Mix with the hand mixer until blended.
- Frost cake when cool.
- Keep the cake refrigerated.
You might also like: