Spicy Shrimp Rangoon
I agreed to be a part of the Healthy Solutions Spice Blends™ 2015 Blogger Recipe Challenge because they make their blends using only the highest quality spices with no fillers or preservatives, no MSG, and are low in carbohydrates. Most blends are made with no salt or sugar. They make your meal planning a little easier with these convenient little premixed packages. Each has a recipe on back or you can do I like did and make up your own.
I was challenged to make my own little creation using a spice blend of my choosing. I chose the and made Spicy Shrimp Rangoons. I had several taste testers here that day and they were a 100 % hit! These would made great little party appetizers.
8 ounce cream cheese
1 1/2 teaspoon Healthy Solutions Spice Blends Herb Crusted Tilapia blend
1 teaspoon natural sweetener
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon of lemon juice
4 green onions chopped
Mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl except the wonton wrappers. 🙂
Take out a few wonton wrappers. Lay out one and put a teaspoonful of the cheese mixture in the center of the wrapper. Wet all the edges of the wrapper with water. You can use your finger or I use a small paint brush.
- Wonton wrappers
- 8 ounce cream cheese
- 1½ teaspoon Healthy Solutions Spice Blends Herb Crusted Tilapia blend
- 1 teaspoon natural sweetener
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 4 green onions chopped
- Mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl except the wonton wrappers. 🙂
- Set it aside.
- Take out a few wonton wrappers. Lay out one and put a teaspoonful of the cheese mixture in the center of the wrapper. Wet all the edges of the wrapper with water. You can use your finger or I use a small paint brush.
- Bring the two apposite corners together.
- Bring up another corner.
- And another corner, now make sure all the edges are sealed so the cheese doesn't ooze out when baking. If they don't stick you need more water.
- Set them all on a oil sprayed baking sheet.
- I spray the wontons with a light mist olive oil.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for about 12 minutes or until they start to brown being careful not to overcook because the filling will pop out. (A couple of mine did, ugh).
- For my dipping sauce I mixed together fresh horseradish with ketchup.
Did I mention I could win $500? Yup that’s right $500! Wish me luck! You can check out all the great entries to the challenge here at Healthy Solutions Spice Blends website.
You might also like: