5 Tips to Make Your Trip to Walt Disney World Budget Friendly
If you are a regular reader of the blog then you know how much I enjoy saving money. Since going to Walt Disney World a couple times last year I thought I would share with you 5 Simple Tips to Make Your Trip to Walt Disney World Budget Friendly.
(I earn a small percentage on any sales through mamaldiane.com which helps pay for running the site. You can read my full disclosure policy.Thanks!)
- Buy souvenirs ahead of time. Mouse ears, tee shirts and other little Disney trinkets you can buy ahead before the trip online at Amazon or at your local dollar store. The kids won’t care you didn’t buy the stuff at WDW, they will be thrilled because you will be able to get them cooler Disney stuff, and you will have saved at least 50 % or more.
2. Make or buy an autograph book before you go for the kids to carry around and collect autographs from some of their favorite Disney characters. You’ll save at least 60% on Amazon you can buy them all over the place in WDW (Walt Disney World).
3. Staying on the property is the most desired way to experience WDW. Getting to and from the parks and the airport is a breeze. You can get plenty of great deals online either from the Walt Disney World website or a site like Undercover Tourist. So far we have stayed at two Disney resorts, Saratoga Springs, and Contemporary. Both were unique in their own way. At Saratoga Springs we stayed in a 2 bedroom villa and it was fabulous. Each bedroom had a full bath, the master bathroom had a large jacuzzi tub plus an adjoining room with a separate shower. The pictures don’t do it justice. The place was a vacationer’s dream.
4. Carry small snacks in your purse or a backpack that you bring with you into the park. My grandchildren eat constantly and it’s not inexpensive to eat while you are at WDW. So I carry granola bars, crackers, and any other snacks the kids like. Walt Disney World graciously allows you to bring your own snacks, many amusement parks don’t allow any food or drinks brought in.
5. Buy a Disney meal plan. You can get great packages on a certain number of meals that you can use at almost all the restaurants. We used them when we were there the last time and they were great, we were able to get a full meal with a drink and dessert included. The kids loved it!
Now you tell me, what are tips for making your family’s trip to Walt Disney World budget friendly?