Tomatoes Topped with Basil, Sweet Onion, and Parmesan
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, visit my disclosure page
It’s mid-July and my garden is overflowing with tomatoes and I’m going to make Tomatoes Topped with Basil, Sweet Onion, and Parmesan. We love this simple refreshing tomato dish. It’s perfect to serve on a warm summer evening or even as a light lunch.
This summer has been keeping me crazy busy. I enjoy being outdoors so it’s a challenge to keep up with my blog. I have so many things I plan on sharing when I find the time to put it all down on my blog. I am off work this week and planning a garage sale. If you’ve ever had one, you know how much work they are. Wish me luck. I hope you enjoy the recipe!
Slice the tomato into 3 thick pieces, saving the ends to chop up and toss into a salad later on.
Add the thinly sliced onion to each slice.
Top with a couple basil leaves
Add the Parmesan cheese, top with a dash of salt and freshly ground pepper.
Drizzle with the extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large fresh tomato
- fresh basil leaves
- very thinly sliced sweet onion
- grated Parmesan cheese
- extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Slice the tomato into 3 thick pieces, saving the ends to chop up and toss into a salad later on.
- Add the thinly sliced onion to each slice
- Top with a couple basil leaves
- Add the Parmesan cheese
- Drizzle with the extra virgin olive oil
- Top with a dash of salt and freshly ground pepper
You may also like: