Making Your Own Hand Sanitizer at Home
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, visit my disclosure page
Amidst all the news about the Coronavirus Making Your Own Hand Sanitizer at Home sounds like a good idea. It’s simple to make and actually fun for the kids to participate too.
Making Your Own
Hand Sanitizer at Home
- You’ll need:
- 2/3 cup Rubbing Alcohol 91% or higher
- 1/3 cup Aloe Vera gel
- 5 drops Essential Oils Tea Tree oil (known to be antibacterial)
- 5 drops Lavender oil. (also known for anti-fungal and antibacterial.)
- Mix all of the above ingredients together in a bowl with a whisk.
- Keep in a sealed container or containers.
I think we all know washing your hands is the best protection against germs and viruses. Sometimes washing your hands it’s impracticable So the next best thing is to use hand sanitizer. I found an easy recipe on the Vitamin Shoppe website.
How to Make Hand Sanitizer at Home
- 2/3 Cup Rubbing Alcohol At least 91%
- 1/3 Cup Aloe Vera Gel
- 5 Drop Tea Tree Essential Oil
- 5 Drop Lavender Essential Oil
- 5 Drop Vitamin E Oil for softness (optional)
Mix all of the above ingredients together in a bowl with a whisk.
Keep in a sealed container or containers.
Make sure when you apply the hand sanitizer to your hands make sure you let it completely dry. Do not wipe off excess.
This post may have affiliate links which I may earn a small persentage of a sale. Please read my Disclosure Policy for more innformation. All opinions are mine and mine alone.