Easy Banana Bread with a Secret Ingredient
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, visit my disclosure page
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TasteTheMiracle #CollectiveBias in another bowl.
I make banana bread all the time, my mom loved it. She would make it for my dad when we were kids. I’ve used her recipe for years. This year my banana bread is going to have a secret ingredient. Shhh… don’t tell anyone but the secret ingredient is KRAFT MIRACLE WHIP Dressing. Yes I said KRAFT MIRACLE WHIP Dressing. Sounds crazy but it makes the banana bread extra moist. I used this recipe for Banana Bread that is on on the KRAFT website. It tastes amazing!
I always make different holiday goodies and give them as gifts. There is one elderly gentleman who I make goodies for weekly. He is a patient at the chiropractic office where I work. He is alone and doesn’t get home cooking very often. So each week I bring him food that we have had the week before. For Christmas I am making him a big batch of different goodies. I froze some different homemade soups and packaged the banana bread in individual portions so they can be frozen and taken out one at a time.
I found everything i needed at my local Walmart. I found the KRAFT MIRACLE WHIP Dressing in the Salad Dressing isle.
1/2 cup KRAFT MIRACLE WHIP Dressing
1 1/3 cups mashed fully ripe bananas (about 3)
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup chopped PLANTERS walnuts
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
Heat oven to 350 F
Beat the egg, dressing and bananas in a large bowl with a whisk.
Add to the banana mixture, stir until just moistened.
Pour into a 9×5 inch loaf pan sprayed with cooking spray.
Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Easy Banana Bread
Recipe type: Bread
Secret ingredient banana bread
- 1 egg
- ½ cup KRAFT MIRACLE WHIP Dressing
- 1⅓ cups mashed fully ripe bananas (about 3)
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup chopped PLANTERS walnuts
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 350 F
- Beat the egg, dressing and bananas in a large bowl with a whisk.
- Mix the remaining ingredients together in another bowl.
- Add to the banana mixture, stir until just moistened.
- Pour into a 9x5 inch loaf pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan to a wire rack to finish cooling.