On the Go Snack Bars #LoveMyCereal
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, visit my disclosure page
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Quaker. All opinions are mine alone. #CollectiveBias #LoveMyCereal #QuakerUp
If you know me you know I’m always on the go doing something. I get so busy I get forget to eat. Not good. So what I do now is carry snacks with me. I like to make my own snacks and I #LoveMyCereal. You don’t always need milk to have cereal, so I made a delicious snack that would feed my body and my sweet side. 🙂 I have to have a bit of sweetness in my snacks. I found all the ingredients I needed at my local Walmart. They were all located in the cereal isle. I used the Quaker® Real Medleys® Quaker® Oatmeal Squares Quaker® Simply Granola. They also have Quaker® Life but I didn’t use them since I used the other oatmeal squares.
On the Go Bars
1 1/4 cups Quaker® Oatmeal Squares cinnamon
1 1/4 cups Quaker® Simply Granola oats, honey, raisins, and almonds
1 1/4 cups Quaker® Real Medleys® cherry, almond, pecan
4 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup honey
1/4 brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Foil line a 9 x 9 baking pan. Pour all the Quaker® cereals into a bowl and mix together.
I love using honey in my sweet snacks because honey adds a unique sweet flavor. I remember my dad having a jar of honey next to his place at the dinner table. He had a sweet tooth, must be where I get it from. 🙂
Pour the Quaker® cereals onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 5 – 8 minutes until lightly toasted.
In a small sauce pan melt the sugar, honey and butter together. Heat only to melt the butter and until sugar is dissolved. Stirring often.
Pour the sugar mixture over the Quaker® cereal. Stir until thoroughly coated.
Pour into the lined baking pan. Press down to make sure they stick together.
After you’ve refrigerated for a couple hours remove it from the pan and the foil. Use a big knife to cut them into whatever size you want.
On the Go Bars #LoveMyCereal
Recipe type: Snack
- 1¼ cups Quaker® Oatmeal Squares
- 1¼ cups Quaker® Simply Granola
- 1¼ cups Quaker® Real Medleys®
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Foil line a 9 x 9 baking pan. Pour all the Quaker® cereals into a bowl and mix together.
- Pour the Quaker® cereals onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 5 - 8 minutes until lightly toasted.
- In a small sauce pan melt the sugar, honey and butter together.Heat only to melt the butter and until sugar is dissolved. Stirring often.
- Pour the sugar mixture over the Quaker® cereal. Stir until thoroughly coated.
- Gently mix in almost all the white chocolate chips, save several to sprinkle on the top.
- Pour into the lined baking pan. Press down to make sure they stick together.
- After you've refrigerated for a couple hours remove it from the pan and the foil. Use a big knife to cut them into whatever size you want.
They hold together and stay hard if you keep them refrigerated. If you prefer them soft let the bars warm to room temperature before eating. I put some in a plastic baggie and take them with me. It’s easy and helps me keep me from forgetting to eat. lol.
They stay fresh up to a couple weeks in the refrigerator. One recipe makes 12 nice size bar.
I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. It’s a great On the Go Snack Bar. Do you have a favorite on the go snack?
P.S. I enjoyed making these bars so much I also made a White Chocolate Cereal Snack Mix.