Chocolate Eclair Cake – Cooking with Katie
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, visit my disclosure page
Today I am introducing a new series on Mamal Diane called Cooking with Katie. Katie is my 8-year-old granddaughter and she is going to share a recipe for a simple Chocolate Eclair Cake on the first episode.
Katie chose this recipe from a cookbook that she and her classmates made in school. Each child brought in their family favorite recipe and the teacher put all the recipes together and laminated and the pages. Since Katie knows how much I love cooking and creating recipes, so she gave the cookbook to me for Christmas. The first thing she said when I opened the cookbook was “can we please make the Chocolate Eclair Cake recipe that my friend Zoe shared? It sounds so good”! “Of course”, I said, “we will make it together”.
Katie has been asking me to make a video with her and that was the original plan, but after I set up all my lighting etc… I realized I forgot to bring an important piece that secures my camera to the tripod. So instead I decided to take regular photos and make a slideshow video recipe, my first. I hope you enjoy the recipe!
Chocolate Eclair Cake ~ Cooking with Katie
- 1 box graham crackers 16-ounce
- 2 - 3.5-ounce instant vanilla pudding
- 4 cups of cold milk
- 1 16-ounce frozen whipped topping thawed
- 1 16-ounce prepared chocolate frosting
- Line 13x9 baking pan with a layer of graham crackers.
- In a bowl mix together the milk and vanilla pudding. We used a whisk.
- Fold in the thawed whipped topping.
- Spread a layer of the pudding over the graham crackers, about 1/3.
- Alternate graham crackers and pudding layers to the top of the pan.
- Melt the chocolate frosting in the microwave for about 60 seconds on 50% power.
- Pour evenly over the top of pudding.
- Refrigerate at least 12 hours before serving.